Wednesday, May 18, 2011
A recent Google spam
Interestingly, www.ourglocal.com broke Google's ranking system. They are able to occupy multiple top ranks for academic queries. This is transient. I think Google will catch it probably in a week algorithmically or they will black list it very soon. However, it shows their ranking may not be hard to break. So, if one can hide IP and can create many random IPs for the attacks from cloud and then generate automated targeted contents, Google will find it absolutely hard to manage unless they do some fundamental change in their algorithm. This fundamental change is hard. I guess this kind of attacks require a lot of money (or talent to hack into clouds). I dont think the current web site is so sophisticated but they do launch a browser redirection script once someone visits their web site. I have not investigated further but this is an interesting ranking attack worth studying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment